“A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways
before crossing a one-way street.”
Download a full copy of my résumé in PDF format.
I am a programmer/sysadmin seeking a full-time career in the field of software development, devops, or information security while continuing to actively pursue a deeper knowledge of Linux, Object Oriented Programming, Security, and Development/Operations.
- Between early 2011 and late 2016, I was the primary system administrator, network architect, and software developer for a Minecraft server cluster, with about 6k users per month during peak periods.
- Currently providing web hosting and ongoing support to 30+ domains.
- Constructed an employee management system designed for use in areas with unstable or slow internet connections. Deployed it onsite in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Automated HTTPS certificate creation and renewal for 100+ internally visible development and staging sandboxes.
- Created a 1000+ line shell script to export, clean, format, and migrate data from a SharePoint list based ticketing system into OpenProject.
- Advocated for and implemented Graylog as the single source for log file aggregation and analysis.
- Took ownership of the Jenkins CI system, establishing documentation, software update schedules, and standardization for mission critical jobs.
- Created a coupon code system, complete with print shop integration, automate by Jenkins, logged to MySQL, using ImageMagick.
- Linux server provisioning and
- Debian, Red Hat/CentOS, Fedora
- Bash scripting
- Remote administration via SSH,
VNC, and RDC
- Jenkins CI
- Automated testing and deployment
- Git, Subversion
- Java 6, Java 7
- MS Office
- Corona SDK
- Amazon AWS
- PECL, Composer
- Network configuration
- I am a Parkour enthusiast.
- I can play the piano, accordion, harmonica, and nose flute. Someday, I’d like to learn to play the bagpipes.
- I was a member of the Brass Ring Carousel Woodcarvers before I moved to Portland, and I continue to make handcrafted carvings.
- I’m equally at home in a metalworking or woodworking shop as I am behind a terminal.
- I digitally produce environmental music tracks for my projects.
- My favorite book is Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss.